Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Springtime Mantel

Welcome Spring! And nothing said it better than bird nests. Nothing better expresses the warm feeling than the fireplace, a place for displaying our creativity, accessories or mementos that have a sacred place in our hearts. Now that I have a fireplace, I can turn it into an attractive showplace year round.
Five years ago I bought this mirror in an antique store. In this store they lower the prices every month, so, I ended up buying the mirrow for $15. The mirror is quite heavy. It had a gold frame, but I decided to paint it white using a sponge because I wanted some gold showing--for a shabby look. I think it is a treasure find bargain and I love it hanging over my faux fireplace.
I decorated these eggs with some graphics that I found at the Graphics Fairy blogspot where you can find tons of clip arts. I chose the religious graphics because I wanted an  Easter look on my eggs, and bird nests as well.

Colored eggs are traditionally associated with Easter, but these easy- to-make painted eggs will look decorative throughout the year. I painted these  turquoise colored eggs; I  love how they turned out.




SHEPHERD"Who is it that is your shepherd? The Lord! Oh, my friends, what a wonderful announcement! The Lord God of Heaven and Earth, the almighty Creator of all things, He who holds the universe in His hand as though it were a very little thing,-He is your shepherd, and has changed Himself with the care and keeping of you, as a shepherd is changed with the care and keeping of his sheep. If your hearts could really take in this thought, you would never have a fear or a care again; for with such a shepherd, how could it be possible for you ever to want any good thing?" H.W.Smith.

*********
I want to wish you a wonderful Easter whether you hunt for Easter eggs,  or reflect about Jesuscrist and His sacrifice and resurrection in communion with your loved ones. Enjoy this wonderful Spring.

5 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Your mantel looks so pretty. I love how you made the eggs and decorated the tree.

happyone said...

Your house is beautiful with all your creativity.

Olive said...

lovely post...♥O

Anonymous said...

Love you mantle and love your quote- Yes HE is my shepherd too!

Emily Garrett said...

That room is so pretty- is it a Jared-free zone? =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...