Sunday, September 26, 2010

Trompe-l'oeil an illusion of reality

Years ago I found a book about trompe-l'oeil in the library. I fell in love with the illusion of an open sky. I photocopyed some pages and kept them in my folder of decorations, thinking that some day when I had a house, I would paint those murals. 5 years later we bought a little house and as soon as we moved in I started painting all the walls of the house in Amber wave, with the exception of my future baby's room. (In that time I was not pregnant but I was preparing his or her room.) I chose the Peter Rabbit and his friends theme from the " Great big treasury of Beatrix Potter Book". The baby's  room is really small so it did not take me too much time to finish it.
The photo above is my bathroom ceiling.

My dining room ceiling. I would like a chandelier in this room.





My baby's room. " The tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck"

"The tale of Mr. Jeremy fisher"
"The tale of the Flopsy Bunnies"



"The tale of Squirrel Nutkin"




My bedroom Ceiling.

My kitchen. I would love a Chandelier instead of that ceiling fan.
People say that I am an artist but I don't think that about myself. I just paint for a hobby. For me an artist is a person who goes to school and studies art. I have not done that, but I really find joy creating and painting things that I really like. I take the time to smell the roses, enjoy life and love my little family, listening to reggae, latin music, and music from the 40s and 50s. I really love shopping at vintage shops, flea markets and thrift stores. My heart jumps when I find a good deal.
I hope that you have a wonderful day and come back soon.


8 comments:

Christina's Creative Side said...

Wow!! I looove the baby's room! You did a GREAT job!!

Thanks for the visit to my blog last week... sorry I'm so long in telling you.

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

Wow! This is so awesome! I love it!

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

Ok, so you are so an artist! I think I already commented, but I was on the phone, and did not pay attention, and now I don't know if I hit post or not.
But I just want to say again, this is awesome. I can't believe how adorable it is.I am in awe, and your new follower, too

Cindy said...

You are very talented!!! and yes, you are an artist!

Unknown said...

I haven't long woken up to get ready for the day and i found your blog via someone else, and i am really rubbing my eyes here because i can't believe what im seeing. Your art work is truely amazing and wonderful and beautiful and the babies room wow what a beautiful story, you have left a lasting impression in your house that will be talked about and embraced with love for years to come. You have a great talent it doesn't matter that you didn't go to art college your an artist in your own right, truely inspirational. Dee ;-)

Dorothy Freeman said...

Oh My Gosh you are sooooo gifted!!! Your art work is beautiful! Thank You for sharing all your talents with us.

Dorothy Freeman said...

Your work is just beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing all your gifts and talents with us. I look forward to receiving all your new postings!

Elizabeth said...

That is so amazing and beautiful!

You are absolutely an artist!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...